I saw a lot of homes where people used tree stumps as part their decor. They always looks so interesting. You can create your own coffee table made from a tree stump very easily in a few simple steps.
1. Locate the stumps. You may be able to find some on the side of the road or purchase a few. Be sure they are dry.
2. Once the tree stumps are dried out you need to remove the bark . Use a chisel or flat head screw driver and hammer or mallet to wedge between the bark and the stump and then peel the bark away. A hand sander or belt sander will make the stump look smooth.
3. Now apply wood filler to any large cracks or holes.
4. You can paint it or stain the wood. In this project the stamp is tained with white and after that is added a coat of glossy polyurethane.
5. At the end you should add wheels to the bottom.
[ via ]